New crossovers, mounted on military-grade circuit boards, are populated with the same handselected components employed in the fenestria, with the positioning of each component carefully calculated to minimise unwanted interference. Audiophile grade switching, set into the solid aluminium back panel, permits subtle tailoring of the bass and treble response of the speakers to create the perfect sound balance in the listening room. Connections to the amplifier are via silver coated binding posts and it is possible to bi/tri-wire or bi/tri-amp the speakers.
The two-way fact.8 signature retain the familiar features which have made them firm favourites. The SONOMEX™ dome treble unit is common across both models and the fact.12 utilises a hand-made 50mm dome midrange that incorporates design elements from the mid-range driver in fenestria, for the same sense of clean, airy and room-enveloping sound. fact.8 features light, super-stiff, natural fibre bass drivers. And, of course, the Fact 8 Siganture has at its heart PMC’s Advanced Transmission Line bass-loading technology, proven around the world in the leading professional recording studios to extend low frequency performance and present an ultraclear midrange.
As is befitting of such high-performance loudspeakers, the fact.12 signature models are supplied in two stunning new finishes: White Silk and Metallic Graphite, to enhance any environment and make a signature statement.
PMC Fact 8 Signature Speakers Specification:
- Available Finishes:White Silk, Metallic graphite
- Crossover Frequency:1.7kHz
- Dimensions:H 1030mm (40.6") + 25mm spikes, W 155mm (6.1") +80mm ingot feet, D 380mm (15") + 10mm grille
- Drive Units:LF – 2 x fact 140mm (5.5") super-long-throw
- HF – 1 x fact 19mm high-res, SONOMEX soft dome, ferro-fluid cooled
- Effective ATL™ Length:3m (9.8ft)
- Frequency Response:28Hz - 30kHz
- Impedance:8 Ohms
- Input Connectors:2 pairs 4mm PMC Ag terminals (Bi-amp or Bi-wire)
- sensitivity:89dB 1W 1m
- Weight:20kg (44lbs)